RFI

[RFI] PV Inverters

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] PV Inverters
From: Thatcher Deane <thatcher.deane@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:09:25 -1000
We are considering installing some PV to reduce our electric bills.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about RFI from SolarWorld
panels and enphaseenergy.com inverters or solar panels and inverters in
general?

The fact sheet at the enphaseenergy web site says only that the devices
are Part 15 Class B compliant.  Class B devices appear to be checked
only for RFI more than 10 meters from the device.    In addition to the
inverter itself, there is also some sort of 'Powerline' communication
over house power lines so as to get the inverters connectivity to the
internet.  There is a converter device that plugs into a AC outlet and
into our router.

73

AH6SZ