RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 99, Issue 5

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 99, Issue 5
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 17:43:20 -0500
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 15:04, Allen Griffith <n5ag@verizon.net> wrote:
> hello,
> I just put 13 panels and inverters on line. I will gather info as time goes
> on.
> I already have trouble with the system shutting down due to AC phase
> problem....bummer.  This is going to be a heck of a ride I think.  This is
> only
> the first full day of operation.  Kind of bumpy so far.

I gather it's grid-tied (UL-listed inverters stop passing AC when the
grid power drops ... or is crappy).

Is the utility on-board with distributed generation?  Or did they
accept it because your state said they have to?  Hopefully, it's the
former, in which case you should gripe to the utility about the
quality of your power!  If it's the latter, they'll insist that it's
your "faulty" equipment.

I'm about two-three years out from PV here and will likely do solar
DHW before that (which will reduce our load even more).