RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Status

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Status
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:00:22 -0700
: I would call back and ask if they could move you up as you would hate to
: have to get the Public Utilities Commission and FCC involved.......etc.

Agreed.  I had great results where I grew up, usually fixed by lunch.  Not
knowing the system here and having several turnarounds in employment,
retirement, et cetera, one complaint had no results in three and a half
years.  In that time I DID talk to the PUC who was absolutely rabid about
nailing the power company and I tracked down a link at the FCC site for
noise complaints.  Just as I was about to contact the PUC AND fill out a
complaint form with the FCC EVERY time I turn on a radio and hear power line
noise, another issue with the power company netted me a telephone number to
an old supervisor who I mentioned the noise to, who gave me another number
for "line noise mitigation" or some such.  I told the person on that phone
it was the last call before calling the PUC and FCC.  I had a group of
people out within a few days tracking noise, a few days later several
transformers and insulators were replaced.

Kurt