RFI

[RFI] rfi after rain

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] rfi after rain
From: "Steve K7AWB" <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:27:51 -0700
I usually welcomed rain at my last location in the Spokane Valley, WA as the
rain minimized the power line interference I got on many bands including 6
meters.

 Now, at a new location 25 miles away in the country, Last year I experienced
RFI during the rain with it disappearing when things dried out -  on 6 meters.
It was due to all the moss on the North side of a support pole in my yard.  The
utility guy scraped some of the moss off and the noise immediately disappeared.
 I guess the moss was providing a high resistance path for arcing.

They scraped enough off so I could operate successfully and in a month or so,
came back and replaced the entire pole for me at no cost.

73
Steve Sala
K7AWB
DN17es