RFI

[RFI] RFI to and from adjacent cell site

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI to and from adjacent cell site
From: Patrick <wa4tuk-rf@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 19:42:15 -0400
All:

Someday in the next few years I hope to relocate to a house with greater
acerage where I may pursue ham radio without neightbors being too
close.  I had in mind 3 or more arces so that I might run legal limit on
the HF bands without bothering too many of my neighbors.

I was earlier today looking at a property for sale (just browsing
realtor sites online) that pretty much meets all of our requirements.
When looking at a satellite view of the house and land I found a cell
tower probably not over 200 feet away from the house.

This close to a cell site might be a real problem (or not).  I can
imagine that switching supplies and computers may cover the HF bands
with switching hash.  I can also imagine that a KW on 75 meters might
also make it's way into the cell system equipment giving the cellular
operator a fit. Regardless of who is technically right or wrong, I don't
need to buy into aggravation.

Does anyone have any personal experience with living adjacent to a cell
sight with HF gear?

Pat
wa4tuk