RFI

[RFI] Samsung RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Samsung RFI
From: Becky siiloot <becky11414@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 17:04:36 -0800 (PST)

I had problems with a Samsung changing channels a few years backAnother ham and
I corresponded about it and here is the result of what he learned from  tech
visit.  See below
Looks like like a Samsung issue that was not addressed.Anyone call them?
gerry  text below:

Gerry,

Well, I now know what is
 getting interfered with. TheSamsung tech came out and did some testing
with the back of the TV off, with main the shack keying down with 1500W
on 40M. He verified the problem, and it turns out that the culprit is the
 touch sensor switch circuit board. RF is getting in there and causing
the switches to fire off. The touch sensors on this TV are along the
bottom right side. I did not even know they were there as I use the
remote 100% of the time…. This
 reminds me of a problem I had the last place I lived when I was causing
my next door neighbor’s touch sensor lamps to go off in the middle of the
 night. The “fix” for now is to unplug the touch sensor board. With the board
unplugged there were no RFI issues. He is going to report this to Samsung and
see what they have to say….. Anyway, that is something you can try if you need
to. 73;