RFI

Re: [RFI] Edison

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Edison
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:07:19 -0800
On 1/16/2012 4:54 PM, rick darwicki wrote:
> My whole neighborhood is complaining how high their bills are on the new
> electronic meters Edison installed a few months ago. Now why would they spend
> all that money if it lowered your bill?

I have carefully tracked my utility bills in a spreadsheet for at least
25 years. And I compute what they are charging me per kWh, how much I am
using per day, and so on. When you do this, you learn interesting
things, one of the most important of which is rate increases that they
don't talk about.  My power usage has remained fairly steady and even
dropped a bit as I've worked to save money, but PG&E billing rates have
been climbing almost every six months.Those billing increases folks have
noted are probably due to the rate increases, not the smart meters.

These rates are set by some form of legal agreement with the State of
California, probably negotiated during the time that we well all getting
ripped off by Enron. Now we're getting ripped off by PG&E. My
electricity rates here in CA are almost three times what I paid in Chicago.

73, Jim K9YC