RFI

Re: [RFI] Original message and replying

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Original message and replying
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:45:19 -0500
On Jan 20, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Dave Harmon wrote:

> This is the first I have heard of this....
> I guess not many others have heard of it either.

I've used groups for a long time, and early on, it was all bottom posting. Some
have said it is a linear thing, like time flowing from where you've started.

Anyhow, the most important thing is that the replies have the tesxt trimmed
enough so that others can keep track of what's going on, but not be burdened
with wading through a bunch of stuff they probably already saw.  A bottom post
that has a hundred lines of text above it is awful.  A top post that has the
same below it is dumb. Obviously a top poster only plans on reading the top
part of the post.

        - 73 de Mike N3LI -