RFI

Re: [RFI] Original message and replying

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Original message and replying
From: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:21:55 -0500
> I'm not sure why I even posted to this. I guess I was bored. I'm also of
> the opinion that even those on dialup can stand having those extra bytes
> of data. And I've also decided you're an idiot.

That's fair enough.  You are entitled to that.  :-)

But it was a serious question.  I don't email from mobile devices, and
I seriously wondered whether mobile devices make it impossible to trim
posts.  If they do, it changes everything.  I think you mistook my
reply for personal criticism, which it was not meant to be.

The problem with untrimmed posts isn't bandwidth.  It's stuff you need
to visually weed through to get to the next message (in Digests) or to
see what else was written.  I get replies with 1 line of new text and
500+ lines of re-re-re-quoted text.

Andy