RFI

Re: [RFI] Frequency-Specific Interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Frequency-Specific Interference
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:02:10 -0800
: All this speculation is a huge waste of time and is irrelevant.

Not really...  A bad ballast doesn't sound like an electric fence, which
doesn't sound like loose hardware, which doesn't sound like RFI from a
computer, which doesn't sound like noise from a switching mode power supply,
which doesn't sound like the ECU in my truck, which doesn't sound like a
Toyota Prius at a quarter mile, which doesn't sound like a motorcycle with
magneto ignition three miles away, which doesn't sound like a noisy CFL in
the shack, which doesn't sound like the galvanic ruckus from my stove when
the flame is on, nor my watch, nor the massive hash generating cathodic
protection systems covering our continent like a spiderweb...  You get the
idea.  I don't waste my time looking for all these irrelevant things when
the sound I hear sounds like a plasma TV or bad light bulb.  Most things can
be eliminated just by the sound.

Kurt