RFI

Re: [RFI] Mystery cyclic buzzing

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mystery cyclic buzzing
From: Scott Yost <nm8rmedic@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:04:10 -0700 (PDT)
Yikes.  Did not mean to stir things up, gentlemen.

I was under the impression that a list focused on RFI would be a good place to
post and share practical RFI information, as John bravely did.

For the members who search this list looking for knowledge (but are hesitant to
post),
there are indeed several sites that provide audio clips of different RFI
sources, to help you narrow down a search.

And I heartily agree: I have a stash of linear wall wart power supplies that
are pressed into service to replace switching supplies as they come through the
door.  Have been doing that for, oh, the last 10 years or so.

I can also recommend the National RF HF direction finder.  I picked one up on
the recommendation of a list member recently and it helped me find my own
mystery RFI source that I brought to the group for advice, a few weeks back.

Everyone have a great evening and weekend, and thanks for your advice.