RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI issues in Toyota 4Runner

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com,rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI issues in Toyota 4Runner
From: bill ny9h <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 17:09:31 -0400
Warren came up to Highland Park ( abt 26 mi N of chicago) ...since my
wife's old lincoln would NOT pick up WLS for more than 10
seconds  when wmaq, wgn & BBM all came rolling into that NEW car
radio. The dealerships owner also complained about not being able to
get wls.... !!!!!
Warren thought , since his 50KW was 30 miles south of the city, that
his field strength was too low....  as he measured with his potomac (
on a wood tripod) ,,,

However every other radio, including my VW could do fine with WLS....
( as Jim may remember I worked there in 1965-66)....

Visteon finally sent two engineers to the dealership, after trying to
swap two different radios) ,,,,  i guess the third radio had an IF
... that would no go bonkers, opening up for wls's weaker signal,
then getting totally swamped with the three much closer 50Kw stations..

I noticed a few years ago while Warren had two 50KW stations WCFL &
WLS as his responsibilities ( both ABC/DISNEY/ESPN ) ,,,probably
along with a radio disney AM,
my old roomate Don Coleman  was chief of  two other 50KWs  WBBM &
WMAQ simultaneously ,a result of the not so great consolidation of radio.

bill /3