RFI

[RFI] Is a low pass filter necessary?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Is a low pass filter necessary?
From: John <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 22:41:16 -0500
I was on an antennas reflector recently asking about the proper placement
of a low pass filter and several members asked why am I using one at all.
They said with the modern radios (I have an Icom 706 original) a low pass
filter really isn't necessary, that most modern rigs already contain one
and the spurrious emissions are already greatly reduced. So, what is the
opinion of list members-with a modern rig, does having a low pass filter in
line really help to solve any additional problems?

John AF5CC