RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from HIGH voltage power lines

To: "'RFI Reflector'" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from HIGH voltage power lines
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:31:17 +0000
There are a wide range of voltages used for dc, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HVDC_projects for a good list.  The
voltage used would depend on distance and how much power they need to
transmit.  The big advantage of dc for wind power would be not having to use
synchronous generators, this should make the wind end of the circuit easier
to control since they don't have to worry about controlling frequency, in
addition to the reduced losses and other dc advantages.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net