RFI

Re: [RFI] Lightning Protection

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, "Kim Elmore" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Lightning Protection
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 21:21:55 -0700
"I asked them about these corona brushes and was told that they are
ineffective. Once the electric field exceeds about 50-100 kV per meter,
everything -- grass, trees, fences, antennas -- are all in corona and the
air is about as "saturated" with corona ionization as it can get. These
corona brushes have no effect"

Several of htese at a site won't lower the potential in the immediate area
preventing charges in the 50-100 kV per meter range?

I see the diasharge brushes on remote sites, radar, repeaters, surveillance,
even airports surrounded by towers with brush arrays a few tens of feet
across?

Not effective at all?  What about a row of air teminals on a house?

Kurt