RFI

Re: [RFI] Dell D505 PA-10 PS

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Dell D505 PA-10 PS
From: Patrick Dyer <pjdyer@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:28:16 -0600
Tnx all for the advice.  This Acer 5517 laptop even with 3G of RAM runs
some aps so slowly I'm hesitant to try an XP emulator on it.

The Dell D505 is a laptop, and the RFI IS from the PA-10 PS/charger.
Using a Grundig G8 as a sniffer most seems to be radiated from the line
from it to the laptop (on 89.5 MHz with the PS d/c from the AC c. 8 db
vs c. 33 db with it plugged in).  It's rated at 19.5 V, 4.62 A out
running rather warm/hot vs similar devices I've experienced.

73, Pat - WA5IYX