RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise in Amarillo

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise in Amarillo
From: jim feldman <mtnredhed@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:25:58 -0700
Yea, it's probably arcing but it could be anything from loose line hardware
on a pole to a bad doorbell xformer.  Sounds like 120Hz so rectified AC.

In the end, it's almost always a RFDF session with a directional antenna
and a radio that can hear AM around 135MHz.

I bought a FT-60 just for that purpose and built a tape measure yagi for
the antenna.  What I suspected was trash from HV transmission lines, turned
out to be a neighbor 5 doors down.  The HV lines (other than corona noise)
were in fact pretty quiet.

Have they killed power to their house yet?

From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>