RFI

Re: [RFI] Name That Noise

To: "Rick Scott" <w7psk@yahoo.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Name That Noise
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:56:33 -0700
I have heard this type of sound before.

In MY case...

Once was loose hardware on power wires moving in the wind, another was from
a defective mercury vapor lamp in a neighbors yard near my friends house and
most recently, although not identical, from a defective power supply in an
LED street lamp, although those produce a much broader white noise hash in
addition to the sound you've recorded.

Can you narrow it down by time, day or night?  This could be a clue.  It's
very audible in your recording, do you have portable equipment to locate it?

I'm leaning toward loose hardware on a power pole.

Kurt