RFI

Re: [RFI] Fluorescent Light RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fluorescent Light RFI
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 06:46:11 -0700
On 10/25/2012 5:29 AM, Mike King - KM0T wrote:
  Be
ready.  Its not going to be pretty.    I long for the magnetic ballast and
incandescent lamps days

Thanks for your excellent and detailed post. As a retired designer and specifier of sound systems for public buildings, I appreciate your struggle with the process. I regularly ran into similar "do it cheaper" contractors bidding for the systems I designed.

I'm sure you're aware of the issues with the use of switching power supplies for low-voltage lighting fixtures. Here in northern California, there were many of them in the home I bought here, and I've not been able to find replacements that are not noisy, and a transformer won't fit in the backbox. Electrical supply stores sell nothing but un-labled "electronic transformers." Can you offer any advice in this area?

73, Jim K9YC