RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI to new photoelectric smoke detector

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to new photoelectric smoke detector
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:28:23 -0500
Were weather conditions different during the contest?

I had severe problems with RF from 160m knocking my DSL connection off-line until I installed a filter. Now it is fine except when it rains. The DSL signal margins and line attenuation are identical and wet and dry weather, so I can only guess somehow more RF finds its way to the system when things are wet. I realize your smoke detector isn't exposed to the weather, but your antennas and, I presume, a good deal of the "space" between them and the smoke detector is. Just a thought.

73,
Paul N1BUG