RFI

[RFI] RFI Noise Issue

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI Noise Issue
From: "t.izak" <k1tl@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 08:08:52 -0500
Hi Folks,

1.) First time posting here.  I'm getting a "buzzing" noise which comes on
every second or so and shuts off for about the same duration. Along with it
is some hash. I checked the house and the only thing I have is a
router/switch but that only produces a few "birdies" hear 'n there.

My next guess was from next door neighbors house as they are fairly close to
the verticals I have in the back (30m/4sq) and only hear this when switched
to the south.  I'm wondering if it is from a battery charger to a cellphone,
iPad, power drill charger, vibrator, etc.

They have some "touch lamps" but they were off at the time. Now this seems
to go on around the time the wife arrives home from work and disappears the
time that she leaves for work. Maybe a coincidence? The only thing I saw
when looking for a battery charger was her iPhone attached to a small
charger. Could this be causing the problem. I have a similar charger for my
iPod Nano but have not tried it to see if it emits RFI. I approached her and
she seemed a bit unresponsive. I talked to her husband and we discussed the
issue. He was more responsive and I told him to have the wife not charge up
the phone or whatever she does so I can eliminate their house.

2.) Another RFI source is around 1800L as something comes on for about 12
hours and shuts down around 0600L +/-. This is like a power line
arcing/buzzing sound. I'm wondering if this is a vapor lamp on a faulty
timer as it seems to come on around the same time every day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom/k1tl...