RFI

Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD

To: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 17:14:55 -0600
If it were me, I'd go with a quality LCD with LED backlighting, ( think most
new LCD's now have LED backlight).  I have a small one here in the shack,
mounted on the wall, it is a Samsung with LED backlighting and I do not have
any noise in the radio from it.  We also have a Sony LCD 46 inch in the living
room with the older style backlighting, (I believe they are a fluorescent
tube), that does not generate noise and I don't get into it when running full
legal power.  I have no hands on experience with Plasma other than what I've
read about them over the years. I think they are heavy, but might perform
better picture wise if located in an area where there is direct sunlight
shining in the room.

73
Dale, K9VUJ