RFI

[RFI] Electronic Fluorescent Ballasts - look for Residential rated

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Electronic Fluorescent Ballasts - look for Residential rated
From: Tom McDermott <tom.mcdermott4@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:21:01 -0800 (PST)
Hi Steve,
FCC Part 18 covers EMI from lighting. It has two EMI categories (analogous
to Part 15): Residential and Industrial/Commerical. You can find electronic
ballasts (used with T8 fluorescent tubes) that are rated for residential
use - although not always at the big box stores. The magnetic ballasts are
used with T12 fluorescent tubes. It is well worth the trouble RFI-wise to
search for residential classified ballasts if you are using electronic ballasts.
-- Tom, N5EG