RFI

Re: [RFI] Damned Amtrak

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Damned Amtrak
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:39:42 -0500
On 12/29/2012 07:46 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
The MFJ equivalent is supposed to be better at noise cancelling, but I
haven't seen one and don't know about clicks.

I have the MFJ-1026 but I have never transmitted through it. It lives on the rig's RX antenna input.

As Dale has mentioned, the key to these working well is having a noise
sense antenna that is as close as possible to the noise. You want the
ratio of "noise" to desired signal on that "sense" antenna to be as high
as possible so that you cancel more noise and less desired signal.  :)

They can be very effective - but the noise has to be coming from just ONE direction. If you have multiple noise sources in different directions, they will only let you null out one of them.

73,
Paul N1BUG