RFI

Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Dish

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Dish
From: Patrick Dyer <pjdyer@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:49:03 -0600
In Feb 1996 I located an RFI source some 3000' n.w. of me using various receivers and ultimately a Radio Shack Jetstream Mini retuned to 144 MHz with 4-el from an 11-el Cushcraft 2-m beam. It was a busted out street light (not a "safe" area to wander about in at night). It was reassuring to hear the intermittent RFI match the acoustic noises coming from up there that I could detect with my ears alone. I documented that with my 8mm camcorder (maybe I should put it my YouTube collection).

73, Pat - WA5IYX