RFI

Re: [RFI] Electric Fence Problems

To: rfi@contesting.com, Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electric Fence Problems
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 22:58:46 -0800 (PST)

--- On Tue, 1/8/13, Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net> wrote:

> From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
> Subject: [RFI] Electric Fence Problems
> To: rfi@contesting.com
> Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013, 8:58 PM

> Now I'm
> wondering how important a good ground is for an electric
> fence system? If
> need be, I will drive in an 8 ft copper ground rod and use a
> real ground
> clamp.

A ground is important for a fence charger.  A better ground won't solve your
noise problems, but if you do replace the charger, I would make sure the ground
is good.  you don't want the gentleman blaming the new charger for not working,
when it's the the fault of the ground.  I'm not sure of your conditions there,
but dry soil doesn't provide a path back to the fence charger's ground very
well. So, if the pasture isn't irrigated and you are in a dry climate, a good
ground is very important.

Mike
AD6AA