RFI

Re: [RFI] 9Khz spacing of intermodes carriers interference

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 9Khz spacing of intermodes carriers interference
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:19:21 -0500
An IMD calculator at http://www.arcticpeak.com/radiopages/intermodulationproducts.htm shows Radio Mevaser Tov at 774 AM and Reshet Alef at 1458 AM with a 7th order IMD prduct on 3510 KHz.

Are these your two neighbors?

Cortland
KA5S

On 1/20/2013 1405, AMI SHAMI wrote:
*Hi all*

* *

*For several years I am suffering from internodes carriers spaced 9 KHz
apart on 160m and 80m.*

*On 80m it starts 0n 3501, 3510, 3519 etc, on 160m 1809, 1818, 1827, 1836,
1845, etc. the one on 1845 is very much stronger that the others, *

*Some are S7 and the stronger can be on some RX ANT S9++.*

*The strength of those carriers is affected by changing the RX ANT and TX
ANT.*

*MY TX ANT is 27m tall vertical as Ground plain with 5 elevated radials 27m
long all standing at 16m high roof and the vertical is self support at a
corner of the roof, *

*The ANT tuner is at the base of the ANT switched from the shack 160/80m.*

*My RX Ant's are flag, diamond, slopper, and small magnetic loop, all
mounted on the same 14x14m flat roof.*

*I found that the strength of those IM carriers is lower when my TX ANT is
set on 160m.*

*In the area are two strong broadcast transmitters, one about 3km away with
about 500kw and another in the opposite direction 7km away of 50kw both AM.*