RFI

Re: [RFI] "Fake" power supplies

Subject: Re: [RFI] "Fake" power supplies
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 01:13:25 -0400
On 3/15/2013 1:30 AM, Dale wrote:
relevant.  If they have fake components and maybe faked UL and FCC labels, then
they are fakes as far as being products that are legitimate to market in the
USA.
No, they have counterfeit labels and even the government has viewed them as counterfeit.
Yes I read the entire article.

Our issue isn't what they are called, it's what they do, but it's important to view them within the proper context. Counterfeit UL and FCC labels are viewed as a far more serious infraction than fakes. Counterfeit products are viewed as far more serious by the patent and copyright holders.

So treating them as counterfeit rather than fake is likely to get far more action out of law enforcement, regulatory agencies, and the makers of the legitimate products.

We do ourselves a disservice by calling them less than what they are.
The purveyors of fakes might get a fine and slap on the wrist. Those counterfeiting government labels are looking at serious time and money.

73

Roger (K8RI)