RFI

[RFI] 30 M Shuts Down Internet Cable Modem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 30 M Shuts Down Internet Cable Modem
From: Dan Butler <ttexan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:43:37 +0800
I live on the 15th floor of a 17 story apartment so "proper" grounding is not
possible. I use an end fed multiband dipole which theoretically does not
require RF grounding. However, I do have a multiple wire counterpoise hooked to
the tuner. I recently converted from a 20/40 end fed dipole to the 6-80 end fed
dipole, so have just started using the other bands. Now when I TX on 30 M (and
occasionally 17 M) the internet cable modem which is in an adjacent room about
20 feet away, cuts off - all the lights go out, then it starts once the TX is
finished. I placed a steel bowl over it and wrapped it in foil but it still
cuts off. I disconnected the router cable and the cable input and it still cuts
off. I presume I have some sort of power supply issue but not sure how to
address that.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

73, Dan 9V1DB