RFI

[RFI] Taming a riding chair power supply.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Taming a riding chair power supply.
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:43:33 -0400
The built in charger on my father's powered chair failed and a OEM
replacement is not available. It runs on two 12V deep cycle batteries
in series.

I found an aftermarket charger on fleabay that does the job but it is
a RFI generator which sweeps as it charges. The interference is
fairly broadbanded but worse at the lower end of the HF spectrum. It
does sense when the batteries are topped off and the RFI lessens at
this point but to remove the interference, the charger must be
unplugged.

My father wants me to buy a Radio Shack line filter but I thought it
would be best to ask here for suggestions.

Idears?

Thanks

Gary
KA1J