RFI

[RFI] 300 MHz RFI detection.

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 300 MHz RFI detection.
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:11:48 -0700
I looked at some of the stuff made by RADAR Associates, depending on the
model, frequency range of their Yagi RDF unit is about 320-340 MHz.  I'm
currently using 324 MHz, only because that's where the antenna I am using
resonates, but, I find power line noise consistent from about 300-400 MHz.
My receiver is a Yaesu FT-7900R, so far, results are excellent.

I thought about duplicating the RA RDF unit with a simple AM receiver board
for 315 MHz and an audio amplifier.  Anyone done this?

THEN, I figured why not use one of these newer under $100 broadband RX 2m
440 Mhz Ham radios out of China.  Anyone using these?

Kurt