RFI

[RFI] I saw your neighbor at church on Sunday, and he said he heard you

To: "Group RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] I saw your neighbor at church on Sunday, and he said he heard you on your radio
From: <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:33:59 -0500
"I saw yer neighbor Mihal at church on Sunday, and he said
he heard you on your radio this weekend!"

This was my Monday morning greeting from my cousin Michael,
after my first operation from EI/W5GN, in the 2006 CQ WPX SSB
contest, with an 18 foot banister as the vertical support for
a four-band inverted V, with an IC756 PRO III and 100 watts.

I had been concerned for this only nearby neighbor because
he had occasional tent campers and small caravans overnight,
and I had triggered my PhoneWatch alarm once that was cured
with a toroid, so I was slightly worried, especially since
this was an SSB contest with far higher exposure with modulation.

"So, Michael, how did Mihal hear me?  Was it his radio,
or his TV, or his phone, or his computer, or his stereo, or,
worse, one of his camper's equipment?"

Naw, says Michael, Mihal heard ye thru the window as he walked
by on his way to church.

Barry, W5GN, EI/W5GN