RFI

[RFI] RFI/Swooshing Sound...solved

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI/Swooshing Sound...solved
From: "t.izak" <k1tl@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 12:17:22 -0400
After turning off all the breakers (except the RR) and turning them on one
at a time I found the breaker/circuit involved with causing the RFI...it was
the AC line monitor I had in the shack. It is a fairly old one and most
likely has a PWM circuit most likely causing the RFI. Once disconnected, the
noise totally ceased. Sure would be nice to to find an "analog" one !

Now, to figure out how to approach the next door neighbor and explain to
them about their RFI source from either their laptop/PS or cell phone
charger(s).  When they are both away from the house, the noise is absent but
once one or both return home from work...argh!

73 y'all,
Tom/k1tl...