RFI

Re: [RFI] Good news: Panasonic stops making plasma TVs

To: Donald Chester <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Good news: Panasonic stops making plasma TVs
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 13:55:44 -0600
Don, they should force mfg to recall all plasma TV's.  I have one next door,
it's a little more than 150 feet from my shack, the noise from it is S-9 on 75
meters.  DXing is good on 75 and 40 till about 6:30 AM when the TV comes on,
it's a kitchen TV.  It's on all weekend long, I get relief during the week for
a few hrs after about 8 AM, otherwise I am on the upper bands where the
interference is not as bad.  IT IS a bummer to say the least.   I refuse to be
the bad guy and make enemies of my next door neighbor, I feel it is NOT my
responsibility to quiet these ill-made plasma TV's.  THAT is what we pay
government agencies for otherwise why keep funding them at all.

73 and thanks for the attention

Dale, k9vuj