RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: "'Dale J.'" <dj2001x@comcast.net>, "rfi@contesting.com Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:29:17 +0000
Using this logic, we should never have to call the fire department when our
house catches fire because we aren't firemen.  The FD should have inspected
every wire or possible fire hazard before we moved into our house.  Really?
Well, even if we could afford to have FD inspections at that level (I know, I
know.  We already have electrical inspectors-but that does NOT look at
everything that might catch fire either, and we are talking about a government
employee doing his/her job, right?), houses will still catch on fire for
various reasons such as equipment failures or poorly performed inspections.

Given the reality that the FCC will never change the regs to make everyone
happy since that's not even possible, you have only two choices: either send
documented complaints to the FCC to report the interference problem, or
continue to leave the FCC to believe you do not have an interference problem
just as the manufacturer claims.  The fewer complaints the FCC gets, the less
likely they will be to do anything about the problem.  It's our choice to
either do something ourselves, or let the government do everything for us.  And
how's that working for you so far?

73, de ed -K0iL