RFI

[RFI] Interesting RFI of sorts ...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Interesting RFI of sorts ...
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:28:13 -0400
When I plug in a Homedics Shiatsu (roller not vibration)
massager & run the AC cord across the desk to the APC
Back-UPS 550 box it interferes with the wired mouse.

It does not do so continuously but for a few seconds at
a time - the mouse becomes unresponsive.

Am I likely seeing some sort of inductive coupling from
the power cord into the mouse cord?

I've not discovered any RFI into my rig - the rig is
powered via a battery with a floating charger - plus
the metal house isolates the antenna system.

--

David (NOT Dave) Colburn, KD4E - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com