RFI

Re: [RFI] Listen to a Sample of what Plasma TV RFI Sounds Like

To: Tom Thompson <tlthompson@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Listen to a Sample of what Plasma TV RFI Sounds Like
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 08:15:02 -0700
On 7 Apr 2014 at 8:05, Tom Thompson wrote:

> Does anyone know whether the variation in sound on this recording is due
> to the RFI changing or the receiver being tuned?

That is NOT the receiver being tuned: what it is, is the variation in the
program material being shown on the TV set.

The receiver that is hearing the noise is fixed to one frequency.

To me, from my time in the TV broadcast industry, I can detect clear, distinct
times that the program material, i.e., the scenes shown, changes.

No. Absolutely not. It is NOT the receiver being tuned.

Ken W7EKB