RFI

Re: [RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M

To: D C _Mac_ Macdonald <k2gkk@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:06:14 -0400
We have a Keurig single cup coffee maker (MODEL B145) at work and it's a
very high current device (1500 watt rating which would be 12.5 amps).  On a
15 amp outlet circuit that typically uses 14 gauge wiring the voltage drop
would be approximately 6.4 volts for a 100 foot run back to the panel box
and if you consider terminal resistances the drop would be even more to put
things in perspective.  On a 20 amp outlet circuit that typically uses 12
gauge wiring the voltage drop would be approximately 4.0 volts if the run
back to the panel box is 100 feet (again not taking into account terminal
resistances).

My home has a 3 car garage and the panel box is located on the outside wall
of the garage, so runs of 100 feet or more back to the panel box are common
in my home.

Don (wd8dsb)