RFI

[RFI] Fwd: Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M

To: "RFI@contesting.com" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Fwd: Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M
From: Mark N2QT <n2qt@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 07:56:39 -0400
Another thing you can do is use a Kill-A-Watt or similar plug in AC power meter
and a
high load item like a heat gun to verify the voltage drops in your system.  I
found that
some of my 30 year old screw type outlets had developed excessive voltage drop
from
I assume the copper wire cold flowing under the screw heads.  With replacement
outlets
so  cheap it's worth replacing them rather than just tightening.

I started on this crusade when the outlet feeding a microwave oven started
giving
off that distinctive hot wire smell.

Mark. N2QT