RFI

Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: "Dale J. via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>, "Rfi@contesting.com List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 11:27:46 -0700
On 19 Apr 2014 at 12:35, Dale J. via RFI wrote:

> Anybody have VDSL service to their home?  I did a quick lookup and it uses
> copper to the home at frequency band 25 Khz to 25 Mhz.  My next door just
> signed
> up for it.  I wonder if that will be my next challenge.
>
> Dale, k9vuj

Groan!!!!! :-(

Not yet another cursed source of interference!

One of my Elmer's, Woody Davey W7CJB, complained back in the 1960s
that the overall noise level had risen to nearly unacceptable levels during his
lifetime since he was licensed in the 1930s.

He blamed most of it on the REA and its results.

He would roll over in his grave if he could hear what is going on now.

He was chief of maintenance for electronics for the FAA in Missoula,
Montana at the time.

Ken W7EKB