RFI

[RFI] More on "my" noise.

To: Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] More on "my" noise.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:15:54 -0700
>From one of our list members who has heard my smaller-sized recordings of
this garbage, it is STANAG, which is the defacto standard military digital
mode.

This is very seriously depressing me.

I cannot even imagine who in this area might be using that mode. We have
no military installations anywhere near this small town. The nearest one, an
AFB, is in Spokane, WA nearly 100 miles north of us.

It is centered on 4286 KHz and literally wipes out EVERYTHING at least 1.5
MHz above and below that frequency.

It is 25db over S-9 on 4286 KHz, and still 15db over S-9 on the LOW end of
80 meters.

I intend to DF its location this week, now that I can easily recognize the
signal.

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."--- John   Wayne