RFI

Re: [RFI] Decoupling small trailer to reduce RFI?

To: <qrv@kd4e.com>, "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Decoupling small trailer to reduce RFI?
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 23:06:21 -0700
: I'm hoping that the strong field of RFI would not
: extend 4-6' to the rear of the Prius (it's not in
: the driveway at the moment so I cannot test that).

: WDYT?

Based on my observations when I operated mobile HF, you'd want the trailer
to be between a block and a 1/4 mile away.  That's how far I've ID's a Prius
just from the spew they put out when I'm on the road.

Maybe they are cleaner now, RFI, but I could tell you when one was around
town without seeing it.

Try it, see what happens, don't expect a miracle.

Kurt