RFI

Re: [RFI] Subject: Re: Recommended Handheld VHF-UHF Yagi?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Subject: Re: Recommended Handheld VHF-UHF Yagi?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 17:57:08 -0400
Or... another possibility, though single-frequency, is a Moxon. There was an article in QST around 2001 for a 136-mhz receiver cum Moxon antenna unit specifically for RFI hunting. The beauty of the Moxon is that it has a deep narrow null in the reverse direction, so you can turn the antenna around and pinpoint the source quite precisely. I use a homebrew one with a cheap Icom handi that has AM reception on the aircraft band. Works pretty well, even if it *is* ugly.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.