RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:53:01 -0500
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM, David Cole <dave@nk7z.net> wrote:
> Ed,
>
> As an aside--
>
> We in the "legal grow" states thank you, and the ARRL for testing and
> reporting those offending lights!  Here is an example as to why your
> tests will help...
>
> It is a real mess in my local area right now-- as soon as one grow
> operation gets quiet, another starts making RFI...  There is one RFI
> source that has been going on now for three years, and is 60 over S9 at

Before, the whole business was illegal so there were other considerations.

Now the product itself is legal but I'll bet your local zoning code
does not provide for houses being converted to greenhouses (it's
lights, I know) as an acceptable use.

You should probably figure out which zone the properties in question
are located in and then see if operating a, um, uh, horticulture
business is even legal.