RFI

Re: [RFI] USB Spectrum Analyzer

Subject: Re: [RFI] USB Spectrum Analyzer
From: mstangelo@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:09:34 +0000 (UTC)
If you're interested in this Spectrum Analyzer you can check a review on
Kenneth Wyatt's EDN Blog:

<http://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/the-emc-blog/4410523/Review--Amazing-USB-5-35-GHz-spectrum-analyzer>

While interesting he prefered TTI or Rigol Spectrun Analysers.

Ken is an EMC Consultant who has excellent as well a practical application
notes and reviews on the blog as well as his website:

<http://www.emc-seminars.com/index.html>

Here is his report on a visit to ARRL Headquarters. Note that they discuss
interference from the grow lights:

<http://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/the-emc-blog/4434946/A-visit-to-ARRL-headquarters>

If you want to experiment with a USB Spectrum Analyzer I'd get one of these $20
DVB-T USB receiver sticks:

<http://www.nooelec.com/store/sdr/sdr-receivers/nesdr-mini-rtl2832-r820t.html>

and use it with the free evaluation version of Touchstone software:

<http://nutsaboutnets.com/touchstone/>

The DVB-T doesn't cover HF, the rtl2832 starts at 24Mhx, but the price is right.

There is lot's of good information on Ken's site.

Mike N2MS