RFI

Re: [RFI] Anyone tested this 1050w PS for RFI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Anyone tested this 1050w PS for RFI?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 05:09:59 -0400

I couldn't find that specific supply ,but here are some from Enermax and Antec in that power range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20%20600479298%20%20600479299%20%2050001516%2050001400&IsNodeId=1

Price and performance wise it appears to be nothing special. I found FCC approved, but can't find it again. It has a relatively short warranty. It's modular meaning most of the cables plug is making a neat layout if you don't need them all. The big name Power Supplies all seem to be in the same price range ($250-$350) and run similar features. They have all come down in price a bit in the past year or two with most of the big gaming computers running a KW plus, so there are a number up to around 1500 watts and they have built in power factor correction. Go to New Egg, or Tiger Direct and see what they list. Another might be Tom's Hardware which is an evaluation site.

73

Roger (K8RI)