RFI

Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 19:10:46 -0600
Another excellent source is KF7P Metalwerks

http://www.kf7p.com/KF7P/Welcome.html

On 1/15/2015 4:45 PM, D C _Mac_ Macdonald wrote:

DX Engineering carries flat copper tape.  I bought 25' to use divided into thirds to
taper connect each tower leg to a ground rod outside the concrete foundation.  They
also have special clamps for the tower legs AND 5/8" ground rods that will
resist corrosion.
Copper braid from coax will disintegrate from a lightning hit. All those copper strands add up to a whole lot of inductance and therefore, inductive reactance and a huge voltage drop. I have seen the little bit left of braid shield after a tower has taken a strike! * * * * * * * * * * *
* 73 - Mac, K2GKK/5 *
* (Since 30 Nov 53) *
* k2gkk hotmail com *
* Oklahoma City, OK *