RFI

Re: [RFI] Zapped

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Zapped
From: Donald Chester <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:52:33 +0000
> "You folks are throwing away your MW because of this thread I think is
> silly."
>
> I toss mine when electronics tens of feet away shut down and the uW leakage
> detector pegs at several feet.
>
> Kurt

I have a 20 y.o. Raytheon RadarRange. It still works fine, but it used to send
my wi-fi internet 'radio', about 10 ft away, into buffering mode while it was
running.  The laptop was never affected.  When I replaced my dinky little $20
wireless router with a top-of-the-line one, I stopped having that problem.

I might worry about the biohazard effects of microwave radiation if I were
standing right in front of a parabolic dish, but not signals at that level, any
more than I am concerned about the dangers of "EMR" from my 75m dipole or my
160m vertical.

This paranoia over non-ionising radiation is way overblown.

Don k4kyv