RFI

Re: [RFI] Vibrating Ferrite Chokes on Service Line

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Vibrating Ferrite Chokes on Service Line
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:08:01 -0700
On Wed,7/15/2015 2:30 PM, Aaron Kreider wrote:
Jim,

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately the lines are too big to fit through a single ferrite. Does anyone make a ferrite choke with a 2.5 inch inner-diameter?

Sorry, no.  Besides, a single turn choke is of no value at HF.

Otherwise I'm working on finding better positions for my antennas

Yes.

, getting my phaser setup, and one-day I'll canvass the neighborhood (and see how many people let me walk through their apartments). There are lots of neighbors and lots of student renters - so I might have to do this every year. And there are a lot of people I don't know.

A choke on your power feeder, IF you could do it, would NOT reduce noise from your neighbors.

What do you think the biggest danger is? They didn't get noticeably warm. So maybe the wear and tear on the service line? There aren't any trees nearby.

How can I say this more clearly?  It is a BAD idea. Don't do it!

73, Jim K9YC