RFI

Re: [RFI] What I use to find Interference Sources

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] What I use to find Interference Sources
From: David Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 04:22:11 -0700
I am using the 817ND and the THF6 because both cover pretty much all
needed frequencies, and both will do AM...  I use the THF6 on a hand
held yagi, and the MFJ yagi, that covers pretty much everything
frequency wise, and gets me in the AM mode for all hunting.

The scope is one of those 30 buck portable things that fits in a
pocket...  It is a kit, so I can build it into whatever housing I
want...

The attenuator I will be using is an offset attenuator I found on the
net as a kit.  I may replace that with a step attenuator if I start to
believe it is effecting things adversely.  In fact I would be most
interested in anyone's thoughts along that line-- why would a step
attenuator be better or worse than an offset attenuator?

With regards to your power company experience-- sorry it was so bad, I
am blessed with a Power Company which actually has a clue, and seems to
care.

To put a better spin on your Power Company experience-- look at it this
way, your power company gives you a chance to practice your "First
Contact" methods.  You may not like what you hear or what you see, but
you are stuck with what you have in front of you to solve your problem
at hand...  I always try and be kind to all involved...  Once the
relationship goes sour, it tends to stay that way...  You only get one
chance at a first impression either with the folks that are there to
help you, or the folks causing the issue-- either way, you want them on
your side.

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net